Sunday, April 3, 2011

Vue de monde

Hearing about Melbourne's Vue De monde, i really really wanted to experience this dining adventure myself, and what an adventure it was. Our degustation lunch lasted 4 hrs, and we were left completely satisfied and really glad that we were able to visit Vue while we were in Melbourne.

From where we were seated (furtheset away opposite the kitchen) we could sort of see what the chef's were preparing as there is a mirror right above thier workstation. Being so far away though we couldnt see too well.. but i think it's a really nice way for customers to see what goes on while we are waiting for our food.

I wish i had blogged about this when i still had everything fresh in my mind.. but here is the eye candy, and a few words to read. Enjoy!





Potato chips served with sourcream - this was so addictive!

Amuse bouche


smoked eel, apple, white chocolate

buttermilk, apple, fennel, flowers

blue fin tuna




whiting, summer vegetables


The bread was still warm when they gave it to us, i tried my best not to fill up on the bread and butter so i think i only had 3 pieces.

marron on a hot river stone, spanner crab sandwich, brown butter emulsion


fried duck egg, toasted breads, asparagus, truffle



peas & goats cheese


palate cleanser ofcucumber sorbet, elderflower granite, frozen lime


beetroot salad

radish and dill


kangaroo, cabbage, macadamia, blackberry


harpuka, vine leaves, pork fat, oyster cream


blackmore wagyu beef cheek, radish, dill, caper, anchovy sauce


frozen lolly, popping candy, housemade lemonade

This was a really fun dessert to picc at and eat, felt like a kid again eating pop rocks~


pavlova

What a pretty site! Not a huge fan of pavlova, i enjoyed the rehydrated strawberries and pineapple pieces.


gaytime souffle

This was my favourite dessert! Despite being so full, our stomachs automatically made room for the few last dishes of our extravagant meal.

pineapple jubes


lamington

The insides was actually chocolate mousse! So delicate to pick up and eat, i wish there were a few more pieces to enjoy hehe.

passionfruit licorice, strawberry sauce & sherbert
(ciggie butts!)

mint marshmallows


The service here was spot on, all our waiters were polite, explained in great detail about every dish they served us, and really made the whole experience so enjoyable.

I would definitely come back here again, probably not every single time i go to Melbourne (poor wallet as this 4 hour lunch cost us $250!)

I hope you all enjoyed my post of photo's and sorry for not writing much but it's been a little while since i was there!

19 comments:

joey@forkingaroundsydney said...

Loved Vue when we were down last year, but we didn't have the degustation lunch. It looks fantastic and I especially loved the Gaytime souffle.

Kay @ Chopstix2Steaknives said...

Looks absolutely wonderful. I have to try it when I'm next in Melbourne.

Helen (Grab Your Fork) said...

wow everything looks incredible. I feel like sherbet dip now and oh my, gaytime souffle sounds awesome!

Shanks said...

Such great presentation and I love the look of the Gaytime souffle.

Adrian in Food Rehab said...

Totally dig Vue but yes, my wallet doesn't! But it's worth it esp for a special occasion.

Gastronomy Gal said...

you took some gorgeous photos. Definitely worth the $250 (you only get to do those kinds of things a couple of times.!!)

Maris (In Good Taste) said...

Your pictures are lovely. I really enjoyed them! YUM!

Maria said...

Wow, that looks so fantastic Betty! What a feast!

Anonymous said...

One of my closest friends has been having lunch at least once at week at Cafe Vue. And if that;s anything to go by, the food at Vue du Monde must be spectacular. :) The desserts look sooooo intricate.

Kate@Diethood.com said...

wow...that's just beautiful ... I want to just pick all that off my screen.

Min {Honest Vanilla} said...

Wow you do such great reviews! The food looks just gorgeous :) I love the lamingtons best! And everything else too for that matter :)

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Gorgeous photos Betty! What was the Gaytime souffle like? I love Golden Gaytimes! :D

Kitchen Belleicious said...

absolutely breathtaking! Incredible photos girl! Incredible!

Jenn Brigole said...

Wonderful capture! They all look so yummy. I think I drooled more than once. :)

Xiaolu @ 6 Bittersweets said...

Wow so many lovely dishes! That souffle is the most interesting I've seen!

Jennifer (Delicieux) said...

Wow, what a feast! I love degustation menus and I've been meaning to check out Vue de Monde when I've been in Melbourne but we've always run out of time. Looks like I will need to make the time next time! Yum!

Jayson James said...

They all look stunning. From the way every dish is presented, you can really tell that this restaurant is totally world-class and worth a penny.

Thanks for sharing!

chopinandmysaucepan said...

It was a great experience. Just like Tetsuya's one needs to go there at least once and I can see they already have new items on the menu so once may not be quite enough! Great pics too!

Dumpling Girl said...

That wall of pot plants reminds me of the outside of Greenhouse by Joost. The lamingtons with chocolate mousse sounds lovely.